Sewing Class Instructor
Spool of Thread Sewing Lounge is a unique retail environment. We carry a wonderful collection of modern fabrics. Additionally, we teach a variety of sewing classes that both enrich the creative spirit of our customers, and utilize the products we offer.
We are looking for qualified individuals to teach sewing classes at Spool of Thread.
Who you are:
- Sewing experience with a minimum ability to comfortably use commercial sewing patterns, such as Simplicity, Friday Pattern Co., Sew House Seven, etc. and/or Quilting experience.
- Previous mentoring, teaching, leadership or public speaking experience
- Instructors must be able to complete the required class curriculum while still maintaining a warm and encouraging environment
- Willingness to be a part of Spool of Thread’s team by supporting our Sales Associates
- passionate about extraordinary customer service and developing product knowledge
- ability to adhere to Spool of Thread's COVID + FLU policies
- must be available at least one day every weekend, including over long weekends, and/or at least 1 weekday evening each week
Job Duties will include:
– Teaching groups of students material from our class schedule
– sewing store and class samples
– assisting in development of instructional material
We offer employee discounts, skills training, performance based raises and a long term position with room for advancement. Wage is based on sewing knowledge and experience.
Priority will be given to applicants that provide a cover letter containing work availability and resume. Please contact us with your resume and cover letter at email@example.com, subject line Class Instructor.