Spool of Thread is hiring Key Holders.
Who you are:
- prior retail team experience, with a priority given to those with experience delegating and training
- passionate about extraordinary customer service and developing product knowledge
- proficient in math, including an ability to work with fractions
- high level of attention to detail
- a high ability to maintain a welcoming and tidy store
- excellent time management and communication skills
- experience with Google Docs including Spreadsheets
- excited to join the Spool of Thread team
- ability to adhere to Spool of Thread's COVID policies
- excited to learn about sewing, and share with our customers about our products
- must be available at least one day every weekend, including over long weekends
While we are a sewing store, our team is full of various levels of sewing expertise. Through our development and training process, our team members learn store policies, sewing and product knowledge that help them excel at Spool of Thread.
In addition to assisting our awesome customers with fabric, sewing machine or class purchases, other duties may include:
- assisting with developing new window displays
- assisting with merchandising new arrivals
- processing inventory and unpacking shipments
We offer skills training, employee discounts, performance based raises and a long term position with room for advancement.
Spool of Thread is a sewing lounge located in Mount Pleasant. We carry a curated collection of modern fabrics and independent sewing patterns. We have been open for 12 years.
Priority will be given to applicants that provide a cover letter containing ongoing availability for shifts at Spool of Thread and resume to email@example.com.