When it comes to sewing, there are a few tools and supplies that are essential to a successful sewing project. From beginner sewists to advanced, these tools are important to have. If you're looking for a great gift idea, look no further than this list!
For Beginner Sewists:
- A good pair of scissors. These Gingher Shears resharpen nicely and are what we use every day at our shop.
- Seam Ripper. Mistakes will happen and a seam ripper is a quick and easy way to get your sewing project back on track.
- Marking Tools. We love these chalk pencils and their replaceable cartages for marking out cutting lines and on our sewing projects. We use these in lots of our classes too!
- Pins. Sharp pins are important to have to hold projects together or patterns in place.These cute ones are not only nice to use, but look good too.
For Intermediate Sewists:
- A Tailor's Ham is designed for pressing & molding darts, sleeve caps and curved seams. Use one of these for making your curved seams look their best!
- A Small Iron is great for setting up within arms reach of your sewing machine for a quick press of seams or darts. Plus, this iron is small enough to pack in a bag to take with you to a friend's or on sewing trips.
For Advanced Sewists:
- A serger is a must have for creating garment projects with a professional finish. From seam finishing to sewing trickier knit fabrics, a serger will help you create beautiful garments that will last. Drop by our store to check out our selection.
For Sewists of all Levels:
- A sewing machine you like to use is so important to a successful sewing project. If your machine doesn't spark joy, we have a great selection in store. Stop by and our staff will be happy to help you choose the right one for you!