Spool of Thread Sewing Lounge is a unique retail environment. We carry a wonderful collection of modern fabrics. We teach a variety of sewing classes that both enrich the creative spirit of our customers, and utilize the products we offer.
We are looking for qualified individuals to assist teaching sewing classes at Spool of Thread.
Who you are:
– Sewing experience with an ability to use commercial sewing patterns, such as Simplicity, Sewaholic, Colette, etc.
– able and willing to share sewing knowledge
– have the ability to mentor and connect with customers
– prior retail experience
– passionate about extraordinary customer service
– excited to join the Spool of Thread team
– sewing classes at Spool of Thread run between 11am – 6:00pm on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays as well as 6:30pm – 9:30pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.
Duties will include:
– assisting with instruction in our Sewing Machine 101 Tote Bag/Throw Pillow, Fabric Bucket and Kitchen Apron classes
– sewing store and class samples
– assisting in development of instructional material
We offer employee discounts, performance based raises and a long term position with room for advancement. Wage is based on sewing knowledge and experience.
Priority will be given to applicants that provide a cover letter containing current availability for shifts at Spool of Thread and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Sewing Instructor’s Assistant in the subject line.