Spool of Thread Sewing Lounge is a unique retail environment. We carry a wonderful collection of modern fabrics. Additionally, we teach a variety of sewing classes that both enrich the creative spirit of our customers, and utilize the products we offer.
We are looking for qualified individuals to teach sewing classes at Spool of Thread.
Who you are:
– Sewing experience with a minimum ability to use commercial sewing patterns, such as Simplicity, Sewaholic, Colette, etc. and quilting experience.
– Previous teaching, leadership or public speaking experience
– Instructors must be able to complete the required class curriculum while still maintaining a warm and encouraging environment
– Willingness to be a part of Spool of Thread’s team by supporting our Sales Associates
Job Duties will include:
– Teaching groups of students material from our class schedule
– sewing store and class samples
– assisting in development of instructional material
We offer employee discounts, skills training, performance based raises and a long term position with room for advancement. Wage is based on sewing knowledge and experience.
Priority will be given to applicants that provide a cover letter containing work availability and resume. Please contact us with your resume and cover letter at email@example.com, subject line Class Instructor.