Spool of Thread is hiring Key Holders.
Who you are:
– prior retail experience
– excited for us to teach you how to sew
– proficient in math, including an ability to work with fractions
– passionate about extraordinary customer service
– excited to join the Spool of Thread team
– must be available at least 2 – 3 weekdays, plus consistently on Saturday or Sunday including holidays. Weekday shifts are from 11am – 6:30pm and 2:30pm – 9:30pm. Weekends are 11am – 6pm.
In addition to assisting our awesome customers with the fabric, sewing machine or class purchases, other duties may include:
– assisting with sewing samples and developing new window displays
– photographing classes and new products for social media
– creating both visual and written content for social media and other marketing campaigns
We offer sewing lessons, skills training, employee discounts, performance based raises and a long term position with room for advancement. Key holder wage is $15/hour.
Spool of Thread is a sewing lounge located in Mount Pleasant. We carry a curated collection of modern and retro-inspired fabrics and independent sewing patterns, as well as teach sewing classes and rent sewing machines by the hour. We have been open for 7+ years.
Priority will be given to applicants that provide a cover letter containing current availability for shifts at Spool of Thread and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Key Holder in the subject line.